2.1K views

Dr. Tony Mangubat is INCOMPETENT!!! (aka Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat of Southcenter Cosmetic Surgery & Medical Spa is INCOMPETENT!!!

I am a former patient of Dr. Tony Mangubat ("M")(Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat of Southcenter Cosmetic Surgery & Medical Spa, http://www.southcentercosmetic.com ) and whatever you do, DO NOT become M's patient. As I describe below, he is INCOMPETENT!! Before M was his currently advertised "breast implants, liposuction, tummy tuck" specialist, he was for years a hair transplant doctor. Although my HORRIBLE experience as a hair transplant patient of M may not provide you with direct advice about the procedure you are considering, I urge you to read my story.

As a hair transplant doctor, M did a number of "Brandy-style scalp reductions" surgeries on me (named after Dominic Brandy, http://www.brandymd.com/) that left me SCARRED AND DISFIGURED!!!! D. Brandy was SUED for performing these procedures. Follow these links for news articles:

Follow this link for proof that Mangubat performed the procedures pioneered by Dominic Brandy:

From the regrowth website: "a Brandy-style scalp lift with preservation of the occipital neurovascular bundle by Dr. Tony Mangubat, with assistance from Dr. Carlos Puig;"

Mangubat claims that the Brandy-scalp reduction procedures were "the state of the art 15 years ago" when he performed such procedures. But then WHY WAS DR. DOMINIC BRANDY SUED AND PAID DAMANGES for performing these procedures in 1996????!!!! Yes, Brandy was sued in 1996, not 2010, so in the 1990s there procedures were only the work of only TOTALLY INCOMPETENT DOCTORS like MANGUBAT!!!!

If you are still considering Mangubat, at a minimum, you should ask M:

1. Although may not be related to your procedure, ask M if he has he performed scalp reduction surgeries (called "Brandy scalp reduction procedures" after Dominic Brandy). If he doesn't lie, the answer will be yes, because he has done this procedure on numerous victims, including me.

2. Ask him to show you before and after pictures of the "Brandy" procedures. If he dismisses your request (says that has nothing to do with your procedure) and refuses to show photos, ask yourself why is M refusing to show his own work? What is he hiding??

Although your procedure may be very different, you will get a very good idea of M's HORRIBLE and INCOMPETENT work by seeing these pics. As I've described below, M butchered my scalp and left me with a horrible, thick horseshoe-shaped scar 1/2 inch from 1 temple to the crown and back to the other temple with no hair growing there. Beware that pics may have hair combed over the scars, and this is nothing less than TOTALLY MISLEADING and a lie b/c it conceals the true result, i.e. SCARS all over the head!

With respect to pics, very Important: The before/after photos that some cosmetic surgeons show you are VERY MISLEADING because:

- Some doctors only show their best top 10% patients, and don't show you the average result or, as in my case, the horrible results.

- The photos are typically low resolution, so e.g for hair transplants, they may not clearly show the hairline or may be in low light, thereby concealing the scars and the thin density and unnatural look of the hair transplants.

Here's the rest of my story:

I was in my 20s when I signed up as M's patient. He suggested that I get 3-4 transplant sessions and 1-2 Scalp reduction surgeries (called "Brandy" scalp reduction procedures). The worst decision I ever made in my life was to follow M's advice. M left me SCARRED and DISFIGURED!!!!

My result was a horseshoe shaped scar 1/2 inch thick and 6-8 inches long on each side from each temple to the crown!!!! I've had to undergo numerous reconstructive surgeries, spending over $20K, to reduce the scars.

I did a few quick searches and found M in his own words praising the "benefits" of scalp reduction surgery (see below). This kind of surgery (the Brandy procedure) is what left me totally scarred and disfigured!! Not to mention that Brandy was SUED for doing these procedures!! So much for the "benefits"!!

M's own words speak volumes on his incompetence and the fact that he's clueless and oblivious to the harm he's done to many like me. Follow this link for Mangubat's comments on scalp flaps, reductions and lifts (scroll down to see him being quoted):

Tony Mangubat of Seattle, WA is one of the leading doctors performing scalp reductions. "I've noticed in the Seattle area over the last two years a fall in the area of scalp reductions... I was a little disappointed in it, and I was almost upset until I started looking at it in a more objective way... the answer to this question becomes very clear." Dr.Mangubat outlined his feelings on reductions and why he thinks the number of doctors performing the procedure has decreased. "We want fast results, we want a home run.. Managed care has caused an influx of newcomers. The fact is I make more income off of hair transplants than scalp lifting, so from a financial point of view maybe it's not such a bad idea..." The fall has been precipitated by an influx of newcomers due to doctors who are earning less due to managed care and HMOs. "These are all victims of our new managed care society," said Dr. Mangubat. Doctors coming in have been resistent to learning reductions, flaps, and lifts due to the steeper learning curve, greater risks, and marketing against reductions. The number of doctors performing are remaining steady, but the number of doctors coming into transplants are growing, so the overall percentage are lower.

If I could do it over again, I would have NEVER trusted M and NEVER let M lay a hand on me. Anyone considering M DOES NOT have to go through what I've been through. So I strongly recommend that YOU STAY AWAY FROM TONY MANGUBAT (E. ANTONIO MANGUBAT!!!!)

Had an Experience with Dr Tony Mangubat?

Comments

Hey Anonymous post on Nov 10, 2015: Message to Mangubat: posting fake positive comments & fake 5-star reviews of your horrible butchering is not going to convince anyone.No one is *** enough to actually believe your BULL SH*T positive comments and reviews; everyone can immediately figure out they’re fake!

Get over it??

So, Mangubat should sign up as a volunteer for NASA’s mission to Mars, because his only option is to move somewhere without the internet, i.e.Mars!!!!

to Anonymous #1072584

Yea, *** Artists like Midget Mangubat forget one of the basic rules of life: you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time. Midget Mangubat needs to start packing for his long trip to Mars! LOL!

Get over it??

Ha!! As Mangubat should know, the internet is global, so he’ll never be able to “get over” his butchering for as long as he lives. Everyone will know for as long as he lives that he’s a scam-artist and a butcher; all they need to do to find out is search for him on google! So, Mangubat should sign up as a volunteer for NASA’s mission to Mars, because his only option is to move somewhere without the internet, i.e.

Mars!!!!

BTW, who gets hair plugs you ask?Perhaps Mangubat should ask his dear friend and butchering-partner, Carlos Puig:

Bitter, eh?

I had nothing but great bedside manner, and surgery from Dr.Mangubat.

Perhaps instead of complaining about something, why don't you just shave your head and embrace it.

Who gets hairplugs anymore anyways beside Donald Trump.

It's 2015, get over it.

I had impeccable surgery from Dr. Mangubat, and he did fantastic chest reconstruction on me. Great people in the office too.

Ignore this angry baldy....Mangubat is great, I even traveled 7 hours to go to him even thought there are other surgeons in my town.

#1001994

About the monster Antonio mangubat- please read about the horrific human rights violation he did to me.read ALL of blog to understand it.how can I get help?

tschkrn@gmail.com and Alaskaevil.WordPress.com

email me several times to make sure I get it.

Dr.Tony Mangubat is INCOMPETENT [LA BELLE VIE Cosmetic Surgery Centers, Tukwila, Washington].

This is a NON-COMMERCIAL review/posting. Any statements I make below are my own opinion. Before you even CONSIDER a procedure with Dr. Tony Mangubat, find the TRUTH about Dr.

Mangubat by searching on google for "Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat." Dr. Tony Mangubat was a surgeon with Puig Medical Group (PMG) from 1989 – 1996, and a FULL PARTICIPANT in PMG’s incompetent, unethical, and illegal conduct that is a COMPLETE DISGRACE to the medical profession.

Dr. Tony Mangubat’s (aka Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat, Dr.

Elmer A. Mangubat, Dr. Elmer Antonio Mangubat ) and his former boss Dr. Carlos Puig’s [aka Dr.

Carlos J.Puig] licenses to practice medicine should have been REVOKED a LONG TIME AGO!!!!

Time to step away from the nineties and move out of Mom's basement.I know puberty and young manhood must have been a tough time for you, losing your hair and all, but this is 2012!

Seems like you have WAY too much time on your hands.Just sayin...

not so bad

Hey Arlingsten, aka Mdusa22, aka GBorch, aka GBorchi, aka GGBB, aka BBGG, aka GregSmart, aka who knows how many other fake aliases you have setup posting the same whiney spew across the Internets.Isn't spoofing user profiles against the TOS of this forum (and all others) as well as illegal in some states?

You may want to research the services of a good psychiatrist after reading you endless posts.You are the poster boy of the client from *** that nobody wants to deal with.

He is the best surgeon and Mentor. I had the finest experience with him. I always want to go back and work with him.